My friend is a member of a Pagan group on social media, and another member thought it would be a good idea to start a “club” of sorts about starting on a path. I’m not in the club, but my friend has been giving me the prompts so that I can write about them, which is super helpful. It seems to be pretty common for a Witch to do research for a year and a day before she really starts to call herself one, and so this club is useful because the member will be posting prompts and you can either respond on the prompt with your ideas or use the prompts for your own journals. Well, guess which one I’m doing?
I think it will be useful in not only helping me think about this potential path every day, but also help me to write more in general. So here goes!
#1: What are your goals for this upcoming year?
I think I shall brainstorm a list.
- I want to figure out who I am and who I want to be. I have some vague ideas now, but I really want to solidify this search for spirituality if possible. I’ve spent too long in a mini oblivion, where I don’t know what I want and I don’t know what I believe. I think it will help if I make a list of my specific beliefs and see which paths can accommodate those, instead of shaping my beliefs to a path.
- I want become healthier, physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually. My physical health sometimes takes a backseat, but that affects all the other areas of my life as well. It’s important to remember how each of those aspects of life affects the others and to not let one fall behind.
- I want to take some risks, but only if the benefits exceed the costs.
- I want to figure out what kind of professional I am, and what kind of amateur I am.
- I want to do things I’ve never done before and share in the cultural exchange I am experiencing in my foreign country.
To be honest, this is probably only a partial list, but I think that it’s a good start. This Samhain I think I did a good job of kicking off the year in a positive way (except the physical health thing…that one needs some work), and I’m excited to see where the rest of the year takes me.